Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Let The Tedium Begin!!!!!

     Having finished the fun part of the project I am now faced with the essential but hugely tedious task of cladding the surface with card. This process involves covering the model with glue and sticking index card weight paper over the surface. I find that this greatly strengthens the model and helps the foam resist dings and damage in handling. This is neither interesting to see or easy to photograph so I will refer my gentle readers to the posting on my efforts while building Fort Matanzas. It will take some time to complete this step so I will leave you with a photo or two before I return to the workshop.

it certainly looks like I'm going to need a bigger table
that is the "small" version of the fort  with the 5" wall sections instead of the 15" versions

and storage is going to be an issue too

1 comment: