Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oh, She is a dirty tramp!

So I took the advice that I got from reader feedback and gave the 28mm Tramp Steamer a heavy weathering job. This took longer than the build and initial paint job!
Check the pictures below, sorry but The Captain refused to be seen on such a filthy vessel, saying he would rather swim with the sharks!

I still have some details to add; lifeboats, bollards, anchors ventilators etc


in the end I just couldn't bring myself to dirty it up any worse

this sort of state of affairs is just embarrassing

      Thanks to everybody that provided feedback, both here and on TMP.

4 comments:

  1. Looking great. Needs more rust though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should call her SS Venture. No idea where I got that name from though..............;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice modeling as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rust looks more serious in person, but I will add a bit more when I work up the nerve.

    If my hand was steady enough I would paint SS Venture on her, maybe I will find some dry-transfer letters instead

    ReplyDelete